Skip to main content

Panic As Fire Guts Store At Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja

There was tension in the early hours of Thursday as a fire broke out at the popular Jabi Lake Mall in Abuja, causing panic among residents and early morning commuters.

According to eyewitnesses, the fire started around 3 a.m., sending thick smoke into the air. The exact cause of the blaze has yet to be determined as of the time of filing this report. However, authorities confirmed that only the Adidas Sports store within the mall was affected by the incident.

Emergency responders, including firefighters from the Federal Fire Service, the Berger Fire Department, and the FCT Fire Service, were quickly mobilized to the scene. Police officers were also deployed to secure the area, control the crowd, and prevent possible looting.

A resident of Jabi, Saliu, who witnessed the event, told reporters that the swift response of the fire services helped to contain the fire before it could spread to other parts of the shopping complex.

“Around 3 a.m. this morning, there was a fire incident at the Jabi Lake Mall in Abuja. Thankfully, no loss of life or injury was recorded. Only the Adidas Sports shop was affected,” he said.

Confirming the incident, the spokesperson for the Federal Capital Territory Police Command, Josephine Adeh, said that police officers arrived promptly at the scene after receiving a distress call.

“We received a distress call at about 3:40 a.m. and immediately deployed our men to secure the area and prevent any breach of public order,” she stated.

The quick intervention of the combined fire teams prevented what could have been a major disaster at one of Abuja’s busiest shopping centers. As of Thursday morning, the affected section of the mall had been cordoned off while investigations into the cause of the fire continue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ugandan Diplomat Speaks Out After DNA Test Reveals Shocking Family Truth

Chris Rugari, a Ugandan diplomat and Zimbabwe's Consular General to Uganda, has broken his silence after a DNA test revealed that two of his three eldest children are not biologically his. Rugari, who married Joline Kanoheri in 2008, had believed he had a happy and faithful marriage. However, the discovery in September 2023 changed everything. 2008 : Chris Rugari and Joline Kanoheri got married. 2010 : Their first child was born, followed by two more in 2013 and 2015. 2022 and 2024 : Two more children were born, with the last one's birth certificate not signed by Rugari due to emerging paternity issues. Rugari described his relationship with Kanoheri as wonderful and conflict-free, with him actively involved in the children's lives. He signed their birth certificates, took them for immunization, bathed them, cooked for them, and financially supported their education. However, the DNA test results revealed a shocking truth about the first three children. Tragedy struck when...

Lagos Woman Missing After Message About Wrong Car

A Nigerian man, Mayor Johnson, has raised an alarm about the disappearance of his sister, Esther, in Lagos State. Esther was supposed to travel from Ajah to Epe to stay with a family friend in preparation for her JAMB exam. According to Johnson, Esther sent a disturbing message to her other sister, stating that she was "scared, feeling sleepy, her eyes itchy, and might have boarded the wrong car." The message was sent on Thursday, April 24, 2025, around 1 pm, and since then, there has been no contact from her.  Johnson is frantically searching for his sister, who was supposed to arrive at her destination to prepare for her JAMB exam scheduled for Friday. The family is worried about Esther's safety, and Johnson is appealing for help to locate her. 

Mother Disowns 16-Year-Old Daughter Over Leaked Intimate Videos

A mother of four, Mrs. Chinasa, has disowned her 16-year-old daughter, Mmesoma, for leaking her intimate videos with a lover to her husband. The videos were allegedly sent to Chinasa's ex-husband, who then shared them with her friends and acquaintances, causing Chinasa immense shame and ridicule. According to sources, Chinasa had created the intimate videos with her lover to keep their emotions aflame during his absence. However, her children had access to her phone, and Mmesoma stumbled upon the videos and forwarded them to her father. The ex-husband then used the videos to ridicule and humiliate Chinasa. Chinasa has vowed to never acknowledge Mmesoma as her daughter again, citing the betrayal of trust and the shame brought upon her as a mother. "I regret ever having Mmesoma as my daughter. She has brought shame to me, and I will no longer acknowledge her as my own," Chinasa said. She fears that Mmesoma's actions may have long-term consequences and that her own grand...