Skip to main content

Brazilian Teacher, 62, Arrested After Allegedly Killing and Burying 21-Year-Old Boyfriend in Her Garden

A 62-year-old beauty teacher in Brazil has been arrested after police discovered the buried body of her 21-year-old boyfriend in her backyard nearly ten months after her husband was found dead under suspicious circumstances.

Authorities say Jussara Luzia Fernandes, who worked as an aesthetics and beauty instructor, has confessed to killing Alex Sandro da Silva Rocha, 21, and burying him on her property in Bebedouro, in the interior of São Paulo state.

The grisly discovery was made last week after local police and firefighters searched Fernandes’ home. Rocha had reportedly been stabbed multiple times in the chest with a pair of scissors, and his body buried in a shallow grave just a few meters from the back door.

According to local reports from EPTV and G1 Globo, police visited Fernandes’ home after receiving a tip that a young man had gone missing and was last seen at her residence. When questioned, Fernandes initially denied any wrongdoing and told officers she had recently buried her dog in the garden.

However, investigators noticed freshly disturbed soil in the yard. When the Fire Department was called in to assist, they uncovered human remains later identified as Rocha’s.

After being confronted with the discovery, Fernandes reportedly confessed to the killing, claiming she acted in self-defense after an argument escalated inside the house.

“She said she grabbed scissors to defend herself and ended up stabbing him several times,” said Detective João Vitor Silvério of the Civil Police. “She later hired someone to help dig the hole where the body was buried.”

Investigators also allege that Fernandes’ adult son helped her move the victim’s body from inside the house to the backyard before it was buried.

Fernandes has been charged with homicide and concealment of a corpse and remains in custody pending further investigation.

The case has taken an even darker turn because Fernandes’ husband died just months earlier, in January, after reportedly being found dead in the swimming pool of the same home. His death had originally been ruled accidental, but authorities have now confirmed that case will be reopened in light of Fernandes’ confession to killing Rocha.

The Civil Police of São Paulo has taken over both investigations.

Rocha’s mother, Ivonete Ribeiro da Silva, has publicly accused Fernandes of manipulating, controlling, and abusing her son during their relationship. She said her son had been trying to leave the relationship before his death.

“My son lived in an abusive relationship,” she told EPTV. “Even when he went to the bathroom, the door had to stay open. He couldn’t take his phone anywhere because she was always there, controlling everything.”

Da Silva described Fernandes as “jealous and possessive” and said her son had become increasingly isolated from family and friends.

“She had already blocked all of us from his phone,” the grieving mother said. “She was aggressive toward him, and she was racist toward people. She controlled every aspect of his life.”

Da Silva also claimed that Fernandes pretended to be her son on messaging apps after his death, replying to family members to make it seem like he was still alive.

“On Thursday, I thought I was talking to him,” Da Silva recalled. “But it was her, pretending to be him. She said he had gone to Minas Gerais and taken all his things.”

The victim’s mother believes Fernandes planned the killing, alleging that the teacher drugged her son before stabbing him.

“My son was a young man, over six feet tall. She could not have fought him on her own. There was no self-defense, no struggle — she planned it,” Da Silva said.

She added that her son had been preparing to leave Fernandes for good. “He loved her, but he couldn’t bear living under her control anymore,” she said, claiming that in one argument, the teacher had even run over his foot with her car.

Police have not yet revealed a motive beyond Fernandes’ claim of self-defense. However, investigators suspect the killing may have been premeditated, given her efforts to hide the body and continue using the victim’s phone after his death.

Fernandes remains in custody at a women’s detention facility in São Paulo state. Detectives are now reviewing phone records, surveillance footage, and financial transactions as part of the ongoing investigation.

Authorities say that once the autopsy is complete, the results will be key in determining whether Fernandes’ claim of self-defense has any merit or whether the evidence supports the family’s allegation of a planned killing.

“We are continuing to gather information, speak with witnesses, and analyze the forensic evidence,” Detective Silvério said. “Our goal is to uncover the full truth about what happened.”

The case has drawn national attention in Brazil, not only for its brutality but also for its eerie parallels to the death of Fernandes’ husband earlier this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ugandan Diplomat Speaks Out After DNA Test Reveals Shocking Family Truth

Chris Rugari, a Ugandan diplomat and Zimbabwe's Consular General to Uganda, has broken his silence after a DNA test revealed that two of his three eldest children are not biologically his. Rugari, who married Joline Kanoheri in 2008, had believed he had a happy and faithful marriage. However, the discovery in September 2023 changed everything. 2008 : Chris Rugari and Joline Kanoheri got married. 2010 : Their first child was born, followed by two more in 2013 and 2015. 2022 and 2024 : Two more children were born, with the last one's birth certificate not signed by Rugari due to emerging paternity issues. Rugari described his relationship with Kanoheri as wonderful and conflict-free, with him actively involved in the children's lives. He signed their birth certificates, took them for immunization, bathed them, cooked for them, and financially supported their education. However, the DNA test results revealed a shocking truth about the first three children. Tragedy struck when...

Lagos Woman Missing After Message About Wrong Car

A Nigerian man, Mayor Johnson, has raised an alarm about the disappearance of his sister, Esther, in Lagos State. Esther was supposed to travel from Ajah to Epe to stay with a family friend in preparation for her JAMB exam. According to Johnson, Esther sent a disturbing message to her other sister, stating that she was "scared, feeling sleepy, her eyes itchy, and might have boarded the wrong car." The message was sent on Thursday, April 24, 2025, around 1 pm, and since then, there has been no contact from her.  Johnson is frantically searching for his sister, who was supposed to arrive at her destination to prepare for her JAMB exam scheduled for Friday. The family is worried about Esther's safety, and Johnson is appealing for help to locate her. 

Mother Disowns 16-Year-Old Daughter Over Leaked Intimate Videos

A mother of four, Mrs. Chinasa, has disowned her 16-year-old daughter, Mmesoma, for leaking her intimate videos with a lover to her husband. The videos were allegedly sent to Chinasa's ex-husband, who then shared them with her friends and acquaintances, causing Chinasa immense shame and ridicule. According to sources, Chinasa had created the intimate videos with her lover to keep their emotions aflame during his absence. However, her children had access to her phone, and Mmesoma stumbled upon the videos and forwarded them to her father. The ex-husband then used the videos to ridicule and humiliate Chinasa. Chinasa has vowed to never acknowledge Mmesoma as her daughter again, citing the betrayal of trust and the shame brought upon her as a mother. "I regret ever having Mmesoma as my daughter. She has brought shame to me, and I will no longer acknowledge her as my own," Chinasa said. She fears that Mmesoma's actions may have long-term consequences and that her own grand...